Put on my crafty hat and made some coasters. I’ve been looking for a set for a long time now but have been extremely picky, so decided to make my own. A quick trip to home depot, some gorilla glue, and a few strokes of my paintbrush later:
What You’ll Need:
– 4 tiles. 4”x4”, they are only .16 cents at Home Depot.
– 4 photos (4”x4”). I printed all my images right from my Mac on photo paper (you can find photo paper anywhere, Walmart, Target, Staples).
– paintbrushes (any kind will do).
– one sheet of felt paper.
– gorilla glue (preferably the one that dries white).
– finishing glaze/varnish. I used Liquitex’s Gloss Varnish bought at Michaels. You can also use a clear spray paint but apparently that is illegal to buy/sell in Illinois??
– cut out 16 little squares (or hearts if you want to be cute) from the felt paper.
– gorilla glue the felt pads onto bottom side of coasters.
– Let everything dry and don’t be afraid to use! 😉
They are really very easy and quick to make – The longest part was just waiting for the gorilla glue and gloss/varnish to dry. And on top of being personalized and homemade, they work really well. I was so happy with and proud of how they came out I even made another set for my sister and her fiancé as a little part of her bridal shower gift.